Legislative Outreach Coordinator
The American Legislative Exchange Council seeks a Legislative Outreach Coordinator to join its high-energy, high-impact legislator engagement team. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, outgoing and have a desire to develop legislator relationships and grow the nation’s largest nonpartisan, individual membership association of state legislators.
The Legislative Outreach Coordinator will work across membership regions to communicate with legislators, plan and execute events and support and refine the internal business process of legislator engagement.
- Daily legislator engagement offering both membership and public policy support
- In partnership with the EVP, External Relations, support efforts of the State Chair Program and the American City County Exchange—the local elected official adjunct to the American Legialtive Exchange Council
- Develop weekly, legislator-focused recruitment and policy communications across platforms
- Strengthen relationships with ALEC members and constituents through proactive engagement around taskforce products and policy priorities
- Participate in media monitoring and intelligence gathering to increase shared-awareness of legislator accomplishments in furtherance of ALEC public policy prioirities
- Minimum requirement includes a bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, public affairs, English or a similar course of study or one-to-two years of experience in a similar role
- Superb organizational and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to diplomatically prioritize demands in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated aptitude for written and oral communication
- Experience working on multiple, simultaneous projects for internal clients
- Experience with content management and media intelligence platforms
- A firm commitment to the principles of limited government, free markets and federalism
Qualified candidates should submit the following in one PDF file with your name in the file:
- Cover letter detailing your sincere interest in this role and salary requirements
- Three writing samples of your choice
E-mail a resume, a writing sample, and a cover letter to Lisa Bowen at [email protected]. No phone calls, please.