Criminal Justice Reform Task Force Meeting
Criminal Justice Reform Task Force Meeting Agenda
2:00 PM Call to Order
- Welcome and Introductions
2:05 PM Panel Discussion: Civil Asset Forfeiture Reform. Maryland State Senator Michael Hough, and Holly Harris, Executive Director, Justice Action Network. Moderator: Rep. Lisa Billy.
2:35 PM Panel Discussion: Reforming Juvenile Sex Offender Registry. Eli Lehrer, President, R Street Institute. Stacie Rumenap, President, Stop Child Predators. Moderator: Rep. Lisa Billy.
3:05 PM Presentation: Community Recognizance Indigent Bond. Nick Wachinski, CEO, Lexington National Insurance Corporation. Second Speaker: TBD. Moderator: Rep. Lisa Billy.
3:50 PM Presentation of New Proposed Model Policies: Marc Levin, Policy Director, Right on Crime. Introducer: TBD.
4:05 PM Discussion of Model Policies for 5-Year Sunset Review (Retain, Amend or Sunset):
- Criminal Intent Protection Act (mens rea)
- Resolution on DNA Testing and Victims’ Rights
- Law Enforcement Officer Safety Equipment Fund Act
- Civil Liability For Employers Hiring Ex-Offenders Act
- Treating Accused Persons Fairly Act
4:15 PM For the Good of the Order
5:00 PM Adjournment
To access an electronic copy of these documents, please visit: