Doug Harvey: Louisiana is a right-to-work state
Louisiana City Councilman and ACCE member Doug Harvey advocates for business owners to use best practices when reopening in The News-Star out of Monroe, LA. These best practices as outlined by the American Legislative Exchange Council as:
- Temperature checks: Businesses should consider use of a touchless infrared thermometer to check the temperature of employees every day and each client who enters the business.
- Screening questions: Ask each client entering the shop the following questions: Have you had a cough? Have you had a fever? Have you been around anyone exhibiting these symptoms within the last 14 days?
- Limit people in business: Businesses should consider seeing customers by appointment only. Businesses should consider telephonic or online scheduling.
- Maintain social distancing: Spacing between people in the business should be at least 6 feet at all times.
- Use Personal Protective Equipment and best practices: Employees should be required to wear masks at all times.
- Disinfection: Businesses should be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected prior to reopening. Disinfect all surfaces, tools and linens, even if they were cleaned before the business was closed. Businesses should maintain regular disinfection of all tools, workstations, and restrooms.
- Administration: Employees who are sick should be expected to stay home.
You can read the full article here.