Below is a summary of information including: the most recent statistics from Georgia’s Department of Corrections, an overview of the state’s prison overcrowding dilemma, as well as helpful references and points of contact for those interested in resolving the problem.
Facts and Figures
- Annual budget: $1,140,968,251
- Average annual cost per inmate: $18,683
DOC Staff and Population
- Total department active personnel: 12,000
- Total incarcerated under DOC jurisdiction: 57,570
- Total number of facilities: 90
- Average age: 35 years
- Number of prisoner deaths: 141
Organization of state divisions, view here.
- Probation Population: 160,000+
Points of Contact
For general inquiries about the Department’s activities, call Georgia DOC Board of Corrections at: 404-656-6002, or email email@example.com
Organization of DOC Executive Staff, view here.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact: