Below is a summary of information including: the most recent statistics from Florida’s Department of Corrections, an overview of the state’s prison overcrowding dilemma, as well as helpful references and points of contact for those interested in resolving the problem.
Facts and Figures
- Annual budget: $2,138,519,208
- Average annual cost per inmate: $17,973
DOC Staff and Population
- Total department active personnel: 22,400
- Total incarcerated under DOC jurisdiction: 100,884
- Total number of facilities: 143
- Average sentence: 5.1 years
- Average percentage of sentence served: 85%
Organization of state divisions, view here.
- Population: 145,000
Overcrowding Quick Facts
- July 1, 2009 SB 1722 became law: a bill that would allow the corrections department to ship inmates to other states in case prison overcrowding forces emergency release.
Points of Contact
For general inquiries about the Department’s activities, send an email to the Public Affairs Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
For other questions about community supervision, parole or probation, please contact the Office of Community Corrections at: (850) 487-2165 or email@example.com
Organization of DOC Executive Staff, view here
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact:
Cara SullivanTask Force Director Commerce, Insurance, and Economic Development & Justice Performance Project 571-482-5031 firstname.lastname@example.org