American Legislative Exchange Council
The American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC), the nation’s largest nonpartisan, individual membership association of state legislators, seeks an Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
ALEC free-market, limited government, pro-growth policies are the reason the organization maintains the support of legislators on both sides of the aisle and in all 50 states. ALEC is dedicated to solutions that put the American economy back on track.
The Executive Assistant will report to the CEO and serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the CEO. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the board of directors and senior management team; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and oversees special projects.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Planning, coordinating and ensuring CEO’s schedule is followed and respected
- Providing a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff
- Working closely with CEO to keep her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately
- Serving as the liaison to the board of directors
Specific qualifications include:
- 2+ years of experience
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem solving with strong decision making capability
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Strong commitment to the ALEC mission of promoting the principles of free markets, limited government, and federalism
- Creative, entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to work collaboratively among team
- Demonstrates ability to manage a high volume of work with a high level of integrity
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point), and Adobe Acrobat
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials:
- Cover letter detailing: a) your interest in this position and the mission of ALEC, and b) your salary requirements
Materials should be emailed to Genneya Briscoe, email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. ALEC is an equal opportunity employer located in Arlington, Virginia. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls please.